Vasectomy is one of the safest and most effective method of permanent birth control.No method of contraception is 100% effective but vasectomies are one of the most effective options available with a failure rate of much less than 0.1%.
No-Needle No-Scalpel Vasectomy
Open ended technique
1-Uses an advanced technique to anesthetize the scrotum and vas deferens, which makes the vasectomy procedure essentially painless. The procedure utilizes a high pressure jet injector which sprays anesthesia through and around the skin. Patients feel at most a brief discomfort from the first spray injection.
2-No stitches required
3-Quicker recovery time than traditional vasectomy, can go back to work the same day and to strenuous activities after 2 days.
4-Dr.Nagib performs an open-ended vasectomy which doesn’t clip the lower (testicular) end of the vas, so it minimizes the potential side effects of sperm granuloma and congestion which might follow vasectomy.
Potential Side Effects of a Vasectomy
1-Bleeding may occur but less likely with the no needle no scalpel vasectomy technique
2-Infection is rare but responds to antibiotics if it does occur.
3-Sperm granuloma, a hard, sometimes painful lump of about the size of a pea may form as a result of sperm leaking from the cut vas deferens.
The lump is not dangerous and is almost always resolved by the body in time. Scrotal support and mild pain relivers are usually all that are needed for symptoms, though I may suggest other treatment.
4-Congestion, a sense of pressure caused by sperm in the testes, epididymis, and lower vas deferens. Dr.Nagib performs and this decreases any chance of congestion or pressure.
5- Other Rare Complications:
- Hospitlization 0.2 to 0.8 %
- Psycological impotance
6- Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome; rare cases develops persistent pain follwoing vasectomy, no definite reasons, pain duration varies froms months to years
Advantages of No-scalpel Vasectomy
- It is the most effective method of contraception currently available.
- It is a safe and effective procedure.
- Eliminates risks associated with woman contraception.
- Does not interfere with sex life.
- Long term follow up with the doctor is not needed.
Disadvantages of Vasectomy
- Reversal of vasectomy can be done but is quite expensive and it is not 100% successful.
- Vasectomy is not effective immediatly, you need to wait for three months until your semen sample is proven to be sperm free and you to use alternate contraception during this time.
- It does not protect against sexually transmitted deceases